About PenningsOur business is family-owned and family-run. Our work is quality, creative, and fits within your particular needs, tastes, and budget. Our team is talented, transparent, and respectful.
“I appreciate the extra time that Pennings & Sons spent helping us select designs and materials. Their opinions were very valuable, we relied heavily on their recommendations, plus their service is outstanding.”
PENNINGS & SONS
Wilbur Pennings founded our business in 1973. His philosophy towards quality and customer care is still relevant today: do it right the first time. Do construction right. Do relationships right. And the result? The result will always, always, always exceed expectations. Every time.
Pennings & Sons provides residential design, construction, and remodeling services to families throughout southwest Michigan. Our business is family-owned and family-run. Our work is quality, creative, and fits within your particular needs, tastes, and budget. And our team is talented, transparent, and respectful.
What makes us unique among the plethora of builders out there?
These factors guide our work to ensure we design, build, and/or remodel your home to the specifications you desire:
- Listening – Listening is one of the most important parts of our job. Our team listens well and asks appropriate questions to ensure we give you exactly what you asked for. And then some.
- “Wow” Factor – Homes with unique elements are special and keep people interested. Our design process meets your lifestyle, budget, and personality. But it also adds a few elements that makes your home different, unique.
- Building Character into Homes – Homes are special. It’s where you live, where you raise your family, where you entertain… Building character into homes means making your home special, welcoming, and warm.
- Delivering Exemplary Care – Our team has more than four decades worth of experience. We’ve seen and done it all. And we plan on being around for many, many more years. That’s why we’ve done our best to plan and secure our place in an ever-changing homebuilder and remodeler market.
We guarantee a thoroughly professional experience
Our team also commits to doing the “little things” at every job site to exceed expectations and to ensure a family’s experience with Pennings & Sons even more worthwhile. Some of these “little things” include:
- Clean, orderly work sites
- Courtesy, professionalism, and personal touches from our work crews and trade contractors
- Realistic allowances for yet-to-be made decisions
- Honest expectations about the inevitable disruptions during remodeling of your home
- Helpful suggestions based on our wealth of experience
- Real information about decisions; we tell the truth, rather than simply what we think you want to hear
- Responsive communication
- A tradition of leaving no loose ends hanging after the work is done
- Fast and fair follow-up on service
Our COVID-19 Response
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we’re taking the following precautions for our customers:
The safety and health of our customers as well as our own team members are extremely important to us at Pennings & Sons. Our entire company is currently following all CDC guidelines regarding the use of PPE (i.e. masks, gloves, etc.), practicing 6-foot social distancing, and washing hands/using hand sanitizer frequently.
Our phone lines continue to operate during regular business hours and we are currently accepting new project consultations.
Pennings & Sons Service Area
Pennings & Sons is located in the metro Kalamazoo, Michigan area and will build or remodel
homes in the surrounding area bordered by Gun Lake, Battle Creek, Constantine and South Haven.